Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Throw it on the wall, and see if it sticks.

The rooms we have left to paint are slowly dwindling... I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!! As of 2 weeks ago all we had left was the hallway, 1 closet, and both bathrooms.
Our friends from Boston, Kevin and Victoria were coming into town - so in a fit of energy I decided to paint the guest bathroom. I didn't want them running out of the shower, screaming from the wallpaper, "It hurts my eyes!!"

This was a very ambitious goal considering A. I would have to do it after work, and B. The walls looked like crap. But I was determined! I am ready for the painting process to be over!!

So I attacked it with oil based Killz - 2 heavy coats. It didn't turn out too bad. Killz fills in most of the cracks and imperfections. The only thing that was so frustrating was that this bathroom has so many corners and angles!! Half the time I was balancing precariously on the toilet/or tub/or sink with one foot, one foot on a chair, arm outstretched with a paint brush full of paint. I think I have successfully killed my back, and it will never be the same again.

I did get it finished by the skin of my teeth, Kevin and Victoria appreciated it, and everything turned out great!

1 comment:

Kevin said...

The whole house looks fabulous. You guys are doing a great job. And it was so awesome to be your first house guests. We miss you guys already.