Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Just a tad of OCD....

What's wrong with having a place for everything, and everything in it's place?
It gives me a sense of order, makes me feel calm....even happy!

Dave says it's just another indication that I am a control freak.

I think I'd almost rather have OCD so I could say, "It's a medical condition. I can't control it!" while I walk around other people's houses straightening pictures on the wall and dusting their shelves. I started thinking about this as I was shopping online for a nice.... filing cabinet.
What?! Yes, I was trying to find the "best filing cabinet for my needs." Doesn't everyone do that?


Did I mention that, once I get it home.......... it's going to be......................... in a closet?


Yup. I am making one closet into the "Office Center" where I can keep all my envelopes and stacks of paper neatly arranged in OCD bliss.

I decided upon this genius idea after finally going through some boxes that were YET to be unpacked from our December move!! Boxes full of old English class papers, bank statements from 1991, and birthday cards that read, "Happy 18th Kris!" "Happy College Graduation Dave!" It was like I was a scientist sifting through old dinosaur bones. You would not believe what I came across. Relics!! Let's just say I'm not quite where I thought I'd be at this age. Apparently I really believed that by age 30 I would be a Broadway star, have written a book, have a "kick ass" apartment in Manhattan, and somehow have 2 kids with plans to have 2 more after age 30.

Oy!

I am actually working in GOLF... not in the theater. I live in the same town I grew up in... NOT in Manhattan. And instead of 2 kids... I have 2 houses. Well, 2 kids if you count Dave and Arnold. (But no poopy diapers.)

No comments: