Thursday, August 21, 2008

Fay, Fay go away... Come again another day!

We've been awaiting Fay for a week and she's finally getting around to making landfall in Jacksonville.
About a week ago they predicted it would be a category 1 hurricane... but it lost alot of steam and now is a Tropical Storm. Sounds alot better than it actually is... A tropical storm still packs a pretty big punch; we are scheduled for 10 inches of rain and wind gusts up to 60 mph. Enough to throw your patio furniture through a window - or at least that's what the weatherman is saying.

Just about every office in Jacksonville is closed - EXCEPT for mine. Why in the world we are still open is beyond me. No one's clip reel is worth getting killed for - I don't care who your client is! Dave of course had to leave me and Arnold about 5 am to go start the wall-to-wall coverage at FCN. Another perk of working in TV - They don't care if you've got family at home - They need you to come into work!! STAT!!

So I guess the bottom line is we are both at work - 40 miles apart - and the poor cat is holding down the fort. I am going to try and sneak out early to check on Ardsley and Belmonte. I think we'll be ok, but you never know with an old house. I feel much better knowing that both houses have new roofs, and we got the humongous dead tree cut down last year.

So we're hunkering down here in Jax!! Pray that we make it through tonight! I think the worst is yet to come!!

No comments: