Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Pull up a seat.

So in preparation for Thanksgiving, I have decided to bump up the importance of finishing the dining room, since like 90% of festivities will be held sitting at the table. There's not MUCH work to be done... we just need to get the ball rolling. We've got to put a new threshold down on the wood floor, possibly look into getting a new sliding glass door to the deck, and start decorating the walls so they're not blank.

Two projects that require NO actual work... just some cash... include getting a chandelier, and some nicer dining room chairs. I've got a hot lead on an awesome chandelier - more posts on that to come.... But as far as the chairs go - you can mark that one "DONE" and off the list!!

I found these beauties at the Consignment Barn near my house.

I'm not opposed to the mixing of the floral patterns - the seat and the rug...

And the legs mimic the legs of the buffet. Perfect!


Don't you just love them?? They are Ethan Allen, nice construction, and light as a feather compared to the old red leather chairs we had. Two of the chairs have slight damage to the cane back, but really I could care less! I love them as they are - worn in and looking like they totally belong with my table. $200 for six chairs - not bad! I love the way they change the entire look of the dining room.

The OLD dining room chairs....


... and the NEW dining room chairs. It actually looks like a dining room - not a board room!!

I found out the Consignment Barn will actually sell my old round table and red chairs for me... but we've decided to hang onto them until after Thanksgiving. I think we'll need all the chairs we can get. The fact that we are hosting this year is spreading like wildfire throughout the family. Even with our influx of seating I might still have to borrow some...

Anyone have a card table or two to lend me???

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

It's quite a difference. The new chairs really lighten up the room.

Kevin said...

I have a card table and 4 folding chairs you can borrow. I'll leave them by the basement door... feel free to stop by anytime.

Tina Sauers said...

I LOVE the red leather chairs! lets see....i am in the states for six months and so florida will happen for us around march-ish (we just entered washington from British Columbia today and with all the sight seeing etc it will take us a while to get there.) Maybe i can pop in and pack the chairs up granny clampet style?! or not. good luck with the reno's though! enjoy them! they can be so mych fun! ( and your new chairs really do look better!)